Setting Up Robomotion on VPS

I setup Robomotion on a VPS using the instructions given here How to install Robomotion RPA robots in Linux Server via command line?

I kept getting errors on Terminal in the middle of step 3 (after cat) but somehow Robomotion got installed on VPS even though the steps here after were not completed (i don’t think)

Is it normal that the steps after 3 did not work and somehow Robomotion is working so far on VPS?
Screen_Shot_2022-03-03_at_7.11.21_PM

Hi, @Joe! How are you?

Which errors? Could you post a print screen?

Is vim not working?

Is there a file named robomotion1.service at /etc/systemd/system after cat? If the file exists (check with a ls command - sorry if I’m to obvious, but Robomotion isn’t just for programmers), you can edit with any other text editor (not just vim) to add the content that tutorial says.

1 Like

Probably vim is not installed on the machine yet.

Try

apt-get install vim
1 Like

Hi Reinaldo,

thank you for helping me. I see /etc/systemd/system but not sure what else i should look for?

Hi Faik,

Thank you. So I will try installing vim? i guess if it’s already installed it wont cause other problems?

Thanks
Joe

Hi, Joe.

Try copy-past of @faik solution. You won’t have any problem if vim is already installed:

apt-get install vim

Keep us informed with the result. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I guess it worked?

root@racknerd-ab65f4:~# apt-get install vim

Reading package lists… Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information… Done

The following additional packages will be installed:

vim-runtime

Suggested packages:

ctags vim-doc vim-scripts

The following NEW packages will be installed:

vim vim-runtime

0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.

Need to get 7,110 kB of archives.

After this operation, 34.6 MB of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

Get:1 Index of /ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64 vim-runtime all 2:8.1.2269-1ubuntu5.7 [5,872 kB]

Get:2 Index of /ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64 vim amd64 2:8.1.2269-1ubuntu5.7 [1,238 kB]

Fetched 7,110 kB in 0s (22.2 MB/s)

Selecting previously unselected package vim-runtime.

(Reading database … 189039 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack …/vim-runtime_2%3a8.1.2269-1ubuntu5.7_all.deb …

Adding ‘diversion of /usr/share/vim/vim81/doc/help.txt to /usr/share/vim/vim81/doc/help.txt.vim-tiny by vim-runtime’

Adding ‘diversion of /usr/share/vim/vim81/doc/tags to /usr/share/vim/vim81/doc/tags.vim-tiny by vim-runtime’

Unpacking vim-runtime (2:8.1.2269-1ubuntu5.7) …

Selecting previously unselected package vim.

Preparing to unpack …/vim_2%3a8.1.2269-1ubuntu5.7_amd64.deb …

Unpacking vim (2:8.1.2269-1ubuntu5.7) …

Setting up vim-runtime (2:8.1.2269-1ubuntu5.7) …

Setting up vim (2:8.1.2269-1ubuntu5.7) …

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/vim.basic to provide /usr/bin/vim (vim) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/vim.basic to provide /usr/bin/vimdiff (vimdiff) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/vim.basic to provide /usr/bin/rvim (rvim) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/vim.basic to provide /usr/bin/rview (rview) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/vim.basic to provide /usr/bin/vi (vi) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/vim.basic to provide /usr/bin/view (view) in auto mode

update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/vim.basic to provide /usr/bin/ex (ex) in auto mode

Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) …

Yep, vim should work now.